Tuesday, August 07, 2012

24w

Hey Bob,

Babycenter.com said 16 weeks to go! I kinda don't want this to end; I like knowing you're inside and the way you kick and punch makes me feel like I'm always with someone, 24/7. Another cliche that's true. Just go easy on Mommy's insides, will you. Somehow, most of the times, when I ignore your moves, you seem to kick and/or punch harder and harder until I put my hand to cover my stomach. I see someone's thirsty for attention already.

But on the other hand, I also can't wait to meet you in person. Not through scary-looking USG cameras cos you kinda look like an alien there. I'm more nervous about the labor, but let's save that for later, shall we?

Anyway, it's fasting month now. You'll learn all about it as soon as you can. This is my first Ramadan with your dad, you know, as husband and wife. I never ever thought I'd cope with preparing the pre-dawn meals and stuff, but turns out it's been so much fun.

Before we get married, I and your dad were the kind of persons who woke up 30 to 15 minutes before Subuh, because the foods were already served on the table. Now, we gotta wake up earlier to cook them, and the night before, at least we have to figure out what to cook for tomorrow's meal.

So far, no complaints whatsoever. I've also improved my cooking skill by making my mom's famous fried kurma with cheese. In a nutshell, being married and going through the fasting month together kicks all previous fasting months' ass.

Back to you, Bob. We're going to Jakarta again to celebrate Idul Fitri with the relatives. I can't wait to look for strollers and other stuff for you, so please stay healthy OK? And if you hear constant singing of Redemption Song and O Sole Mio (go Youtube the songs if you're not familiar with them), that's your father wanting to get you all musical so you won't grow up tone-deaf like me.


Kiss,
Your mom

No comments: