Friday, February 10, 2012

This workload, too, shall pass

My excuse for the lack of updates this time is because I've been busy with moving and with work. At the very same time. Of course there just HAS to be a new dairy factory topping-off ceremony when I'm busy packing and thinking how the hell do we move our lives from Jakarta to Balikpapan, right?

And then, just when moving day is closing, there HAS to be a slight crisis in another milk plant. Plus a magazine to publish. Plus a stack of handover documents to prepare.

But anyway, here's something for me to remember (and to gloat): my magazine, which I believe no one really reads at the office because who reads internal publications in their office, won not one but two awards from the Serikat Penerbit Surat Kabar this week! Hey, that says something, doesn't it?

At least it's what I can contribute to the office before I leave. Funny thing is, I remember just before I left Jakarta Globe, this 8-page story package I co-wrote also had gotten an award from some international publishers' organization in Hong Kong. Definitely a nice memorabilia for me to take.

Despite the urge to just curl up in bed and step away from all the madness, I'm still savoring these last moments of hecticness before I'm faced with household management.

No comments: