Friday, January 06, 2012

And we'll collect the moments one by one

For all my life, I have always lived under one roof with my family. Even during college years, when everyone else was enjoying their freedom in their rented kosan room (why the hell is it called Kost anyway?). I went to a university located just about 30-minute drive away from home, so my mom would rather pay for my gas money than to pay for a rented accommodation.


Also, for all my life, I have never once dreamed of being a freelancer, let alone a stay-at-home wife. I've always had goals regarding my career, I've always known what I want to achieve, and I've always strived to climb that corporate ladder to the top.

So now, when Bangun got an offer to be placed in his office's Balikpapan headquarter, there's definitely gonna be a huge change in my life. I will be a stay-at-home wife in a land faraway from home.

How do I feel?

I'm excited, I'm nervous, scared, giddy, happy at the same time. I'm nervous 'cos I'm entering the real life of running my own house. I'm excited to see what opportunities Balikpapan will give me. I'm scared 'cos I'll be away from Mom and Dinda. What if I can't cook decent foods? What if I can't pick the right cleaner for the right room in the house? What if I can't iron our clothes and end up leaving burned holes? Will I pay our bills in time?

As for jobs, I'm definitely nervous because now, for at least the next few months, I'm gonna have to rely on freelance gigs that obviously offer no certainty. I'm gonna have to leave this giant consumer goods company that has been enslaving me for the past year. It's not even about the salary 'cos really, the saying “rejeki itu udah diatur” couldn't have been more true in our case. I just hope I'll have enough things to do each day.

And of course, I'm also happy. I'm happy for The Husband, who has scored a promoted position and stationed in the company's HQ, thanks to his hard work for the past year. Now we just gotta be prepared for a real marriage--living with each other 24/7, 365 days a year.


Congratulations, you. I can't help but imagining Bapak smiling proudly at you.

4 comments:

runiindrani said...

matik gue. TISUUUU!

peds said...

Jangan mati dulu, mending mulai cari tiket murah ke Balikpapan!

motionstudy said...

good luck put! well yes you'll be away from home, but you'll be closer to Derawan, Toraja, Wakatobi, Ambon, and Raja Ampat.. that's a decent upside I guess :P

Anonymous said...

Thanks Iko! True about Derawan. Kalo mau ke sana ajak-ajak ya.