Monday, February 27, 2012

If I get a penny every time...

"Wah, pindah ke Balikpapan beneran?"

"Iya."

"Terus kerjaannya gimana?"

"Ya resign."

"Yah, sayang banget dong, udah bagus-bagus di Indofo*d..."

In real life, I usually reply with a smile, a nod and a "gak apa-apa kok."

But you know what, dear brothers, cousins, colleagues, and relatives, that is the last thing I need to hear these days. I'm very well aware of my job and the place I work at, thank you very much. I know what kind of company it is, and resigning has never been an easy decision on my end.

However, it's also not easy to be separated from your husband, miles apart and you only get to see each other on weekends, itujugarebutansamaagendakeluarga. In my opinion, a family, even it's just a three-month-old newlyweds, must stay together. Especially when you're financially secure, then there's no reason to live separately because of work. No matter how ambitious we are in pursuing our career, I think when we're married, we gotta remember that a wife's duty is to maintain a comfortable home for her husband.

I think, if I stay in Jakarta and Bangun's in Balikpapan, there's no point in getting married.

So thank you for the (gentle?) reminders, but I'm (trying hard to be) OK with my upcoming role as a housewife in Balikpapan. Please, good people, work with me here.

No comments: