Monday, July 15, 2013

Eight moths of Kanti-ness

And they say your personal life's out of the window when you have kids.

Hello, blog.

It's been exactly eight months since Kanti a.k.a Cucit a.k.a Cimit a.k.a Anak was born. Let's for now skip how I'm coping with this little bouncy ball of rascal and write down some of her milestones instead.

At 4 months old, she could sit barely assisted. I should've known something was up when at such young age, she was ready to have a better view of the world.


Sitting together with Kakanda Turtles (plural, yes)


At 5 months old, I started feeding her solid foods because she wasn't doing so well with her growth chart. Galau? Bukan main. I'd tried so hard to nurse her exclusively for six months, and had never thought there would come the time when I had to break that. But then again, I followed my instincts as a mother. And after just a few weeks of solids, her weight curve showed a significant improvement.


Looking a bit forced there...

What was her first food? Smashed avocado. From then on, gradually she tried new foods almost every week, and thank God this solid-feeding department has been quite an easy-peasy for us. Sure, there are times she acted out and refused to eat. But so far, there's been no major drama. My key is to take it slow and not push both myself and Kanti. Mau makan homemade tim sayur, hayuk.. Makan dipotong-potong, hayuk.. Gak mau makan sama sekali? Seduh Promina. Mamah lagi males masak? Seduh Milna. Mamah bosen liat hati sapi? Seduh Cerelac.

Do I hear disapproving sizzles from Mamakokihandal and their avid followers?

Moving on. At 5.5 months old, two of her bottom teeth showed up. It was also her first fever, followed by her first cold. Modar? Of course. Luckily it happened on a weekend so Mamah was helped by Bapak. All good.

Cuddling with Bapak to soothe her first fever

At around 6-7 months, the kid learned how to stand up and even furniture-cruise a little before she could crawl. Again, I should've prepared the house because she started to become mobile.


Oh, the mess!


And just a few weeks ago, she crawled, and my fear came true; Little Miss Mobile just can't stop moving! Now the house is a mess every single day, I can't do anything without her wanting to grab everything I'm holding, my body aches from chasing her around, and I can't let my stuff lying around the house anymore.


Trying to open the white box at the top

So to sum up, it's not getting any easier each day even after eight months. But I somehow still wish she could stay this cute and small forever. Jangan cepet-cepet gede dong, Anaaaak!

:*

1 comment:

runiindrani said...

kanti aku sayang kamuu
-aunt pokey